MESSAGE FROM THE COORDINATOR
You are welcome to the official site of the Gender Policy Unit of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in Northern Nigeria.
Unit targets the advancement of Gender Best Practices in the university; among staff and students. We equally engage neighbouring communities for advocacy on gender issues in order to meet with international standards vis-à-vis the Sustainable Development Goal ( SGD) goal 5; Gender Equality.
Our goal is to promote Gender best practices within the University and Northern Nigeria in general. We conduct researches through which results are used to develop policies for implementation by the University and relevant key Stakeholders. We solicit institutions, individuals and corporate entities to join us in facilitating the actualization of this mandate..., click here for information about the coordinator, Prof. Binta Abdulkarim
The aim of Gender Policy Unit:
- Promote research on gender issues.
- Develop methodology tools to support the integration of gender curriculum dimensions for Ahmadu Bello University.
- Evolve sustainable gender policies and facilitate implementation specifically on;
- Admissions, recruitment and promotion,
- Career choice and vocational development,,
- Management and governance,
- Leadership responsibilities and
- Social adaptations.
- Promote dialogue and reduce gender stereotyping through consultations,
- Promote advocacy and community sensitization for gender mainstreaming,
- Promote sessions in knowledge sharing, skills and experiences in gender development,
- Establish bench marks for measuring and monitoring progress in gender mainstreaming,
- Facilitate national and international collaborations,
- Create a geo-data base for gender mainstreaming and planning,
- Retrieve and decode data for medium and long term plans.