Goals and Objectives
- Promote research on gender issues.
- Develop methodology tools to support the integration of gender curriculum dimensions for Ahmadu Bello University.
- Evolve sustainable gender policies and facilitate implementation specifically on:
- Admissions, recruitment and promotion.
Career choice and vocational development.
- Management and governance.
- Leadership responsibilities and
- Social adaptations.
- Promote dialogue and reduce gender stereotyping through consultations.
- Promote advocacy and community sensitization for gender mainstreaming.
- Promote sessions in knowledge sharing, skills and experiences in gender development.
- Establish bench marks for measuring and monitoring progress in gender mainstreaming
- Facilitate national and international collaborations
- Create a geo-data base for gender mainstreaming and planning
- Retrieve and decode data for medium and long term plans.
- Develop integrated strategies/ models for intervention within the vision and mission of ABU.
- Evaluate and Review National Gender Strategies with time.
- Advise the University on Best Practices.
TERMS OF OPERATIONS FOR THE UNIT
- Promote research on gender issues
- Evolve document and monitor implementation of policies to promote gender equality in Ahmadu Bello University.
- Develop policy practices and targets to remove gender bias in ABU.
- Engage in advocacy, community sensitization and public education on gender issues and
- Facilitate and promote gender sensitive research
EXPEECTED OUTCOMES: (2015 AND BEYONG).
- Mainstreamed gender discourse at all facets of A.B.U. training and development plans
- Adapted GPU – A.B.U. operational programmes in line with Nigeria’s Gender Policy and the mandates of SDG’s.